Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Green Apple Ambrosia

This is another quick and easy recipe that makes a great healthy summertime snack or dessert!  I got this one from my mother in law.  It's very simple, no cooking required!  It's been a hit at a few family events that I've taken it to, as well as with my 8 yr old stepson, who can be quite a picky eater.





Ingredients:
2-3 large green apples, or 4-5 small - diced into small pieces
1 can crushed pineapple - undrained!
1 regular size tub of cool whip
1 package of instant butterscotch pudding mix (make sure it's instant!)

Preparation:
Dice apples into small pieces, leaving the skin on.  Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and combine until well mixed.  Chill before serving.  That's it!


The Verdict:
This is probably one of the quickest recipes I have.  The only thing that takes time is cutting up the apples, but as you all know, I use my veggie dicer gadget to speed up that part of the process.  If you need a lot of this for a party or get together, just double the recipe!

Printable PDF Page

No comments:

Post a Comment