Monday, February 13, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars

I actually found this recipe in a circular for a local supermarket.  They looked easy to make and sounded great so I went for it.  They were a hit on Superbowl Sunday and the next day at work!


Ingredients:
1 Pouch Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix
Water, Vegetable Oil, and egg called for on cookie mix pouch
6 Nature Valley pecan crunch or oats 'n honey granola bars finely crushed (3 pouches from box)
1 bag of chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini M&Ms


Method:
Heat oven to 350. Spray the bottom only of a 13x9 in. pan.  In a large bowl or mixer, stir cookie mix, water, oil, egg, and crushed granola bars until soft dough forms.  Press dough into the bottom of the pan.  Bake 15 minutes or so or until the edges are light golden brown.  Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips over the bars.  Let stand 2 minutes or so to soften chocolate.  Spread chocolate over bars.  Sprinkle on the M&Ms.  Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.  Cut and serve.


Verdict:
These were very tasty, and a huge hit!  The only thing I will change when I make them is to cook them a little less.  I have a gas stove that cooks very quickly, and even at 15 minutes, the cookie part came out a tiny bit dry for my taste, but over all they were great!

2 comments:

  1. These look amazing!! I love your blog and all the recipes you have!!

    P.S. I nominated you for a few awards on my blog :-) Check it out if you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, thanks! I really need to get back to updating this blog. I miss it! I've been busy working full time plus getting my photography business going. I will check out your blog :)

      Delete