Thursday, January 27, 2011

Easy Chicken Noodle Soup

This is a recipe I came up with on my own, although it's really not too difficult!  I cooked everything but the noodles in the slow cooker, because it's all I had until I recently bought a stock pot.  I cooked the noodles separately, as directed, and then added them in afterwards.  I decided to do this, because last time I made the mistake of adding them to the slow cooker, and they turned the whole soup into a slimy mess.  This batch was a lot more successful!


Ingredients:
8 cups (48 oz) chicken stock or broth
5-6 cups cooked or boiled chicken, diced
Desired amount of cut up carrots or baby carrots, and cut up celery
1 onion, finely chopped
1 cup or so finely chopped parsley
desired amount of egg noodles, cooked, drained, and rinsed in cold water

Slow Cooker Method:
Cook or boil the chicken, and dice into small pieces.  Combine all ingredients except noodles in slow cooker.  Cook on High for 4 hours.  Cook about half the bag of noodles as directed.  Drain and rinse with cold water.  When soup mixture is finished, add in noodles until you get your desired amount.  Serve or store for later!


The Verdict:
This one was another hit with the husband and co-workers as well.  It's simple, and was very easy and cheap to make.  I've learned to take my extra left overs into work.  They always get eaten!  Next time I make this, I will make it in the new stock pot I just bought since it would probably take less time and I could just add the noodles and chicken in raw and let them cook in the pot instead of separately.  I'll make sure to update when I try it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment