Monday, December 13, 2010

"Puppy Chow" or "Muddy Buddies"

I know this recipe as Puppy Chow, but the Chex Mix website calls it Muddy Buddies.  I decided to make this yummy treat over the weekend, and yes it is already gone.  To my defense, I did bring it to my parents house on Saturday, and then brought some into work for my co-workers today.  But I probably did eat most of it myself with some help from the Husband.

(Finally taking my own pictures, LOVE my new little camera!)

Ingredients:
9 cups Rice Chex®, Corn Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Preparation:

1. Measure cereal; set aside in large bowl.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
My Modifications:
Only one for this one, I remember doing step 2 on the stove in years past, so I did just that. The microwave usually ends up in an explosive mess of some sort. I also only used store brand corn "Chex." I wanted to use chocolate, but the only thing they had was Cinnamon, so I decided to be cheap. I may mix Chocolate and Cinnamon if/when I make this again, and if I can find both. Also, use more sugar to coat if necessary.
As I said earlier, this didn't last very long. I hadn't had it in a long time so I decided on a whim to make it. There are TONS of other recipes on the Chex site that look yummy so I might have to try those in the near future too!

No comments:

Post a Comment